What to Do After an Accident on the Job
After a workplace accident, you may feel as if you’re alone and without options. Don’t let these negative feelings consume you. Instead, empower yourself by contacting Spencer Law Group for your initial consultation.
Here at Spencer Law Group, our attorneys are skilled in worker’s compensation claims. If you have been hurt on the job, you may be entitled to worker’s compensation benefits. If you are unable to work, even partially or temporarily, you may receive payments to make up for some of your lost wages.
Compensation for work-related injuries includes medical bills, medications, special medical equipment, rehabilitation and physical therapy, lost wages, future medical expenses, and partial, temporary, or total disability. The amount of compensation depends on the severity of your injury and whether or not you are able to return to work.
Here are some key details to remember in the event of a work-related accident or injury:
- if possible, you will want to write down all information relating to the work-related injury. This information will be important in establishing a case, which includes the following:
- location and time of the incident
- if outdoors, list possible weather conditions
- any factors leading up to the incident
- any injuries you sustained from the incident
- witness contact information
- contact information of other parties involved
- and any other relevant information
- **if you are experiencing severe pain, go the emergency room immediately!
- set up an appointment with your physician and describe any pain you have
- contact Spencer Law Group’s experienced and professional team to represent your case
Spencer Law Group operates primarily on a contingency fee system, and 95% of our cases are done this way. That means we don't get paid until you get paid!